with Digital Content
Over 300 Interactive eBooks Grades K–6
Robust Interactive eBooks give students a safe place to explore and create. With leveled informational text, audio narration, text highlighting, and rich media hotspots featuring videos, charts, and maps, each book is a new adventure. Optional content creation tools guide students in creating their own blog, writing an email, creating a wiki page, and more!
Click on a cover to experience a sample Interactive eBook or try out the Digital Content Creation Tools!
- Write a diamante poem
- Create a postcard
- Write a book review
- Create a blog
- Compose a digital soryboard
- Build a wiki page
- Write an email
- Create a social network profile
- Build a webpage
STUDENTS LEARN TO...
- Build strong content knowledge and expertise about a topic
- Analyze what they read and construct explanations
- Write to express an opinion, to narrate, inform, and explain
- Cite their sources and use copyright-friendly media
- Plan, revise, edit, and publish projects that can be shared
- Collaborate with peers and work independently
- Correlate activities to Common Core ELA, Science, Social
Studies, and Technology Literacy Standards
- Pique student curiosity and support purpose for reading
- Encourage students with prompts to write to key ideas,
answer text, and develop questions
- Include lesson plans with learning targets and whole-class
- Provide sample of student work for LMS/teacher portfolios
With relevant subject matter and appropriate grade reading levels, these e-books are a wonderful way to dovetail literacy and technology. RECOMMENDED.
—Library Media Connection
The Gareth Digital collection is one of the most praised collections in my middle school library.
—Lori D. Bierschwale, MLS Librarian